You're Particular
I lost myself in your blue shade
When freaking hours you
Stared. Me. Out.
I saw oceans in there,
Vast ebbing thoughts, cares
But not about me,
That much became clear.
I floated amongst it, treading water,
Tides of happy time.
Built feelings to sandcastle,
raised high towers,
But. Water. Made. It. Crash. Down
Rubbed rock to grains, sand inamongst
that first glitter of solid gold…
Your ebbs I found calming,
Your highs actually didn’t show.
But inner self, inner peace
shone out, at times I’d even say,
you glowed.
I always wondered at your timing.
Fast. Slow. Fast. Slow.
Arched my back up,
Thought. Nothing. Felt. Everything.
And though you wouldn’t believe it,
that me, not many at all know.
I’ll admit. I lost myself there
In your very intense hue
Weeks came. Went. Then came again
Until finally, one evening, I saw,
a blue like that’s yours, not mine
and then I let you go.
When freaking hours you
Stared. Me. Out.
I saw oceans in there,
Vast ebbing thoughts, cares
But not about me,
That much became clear.
I floated amongst it, treading water,
Tides of happy time.
Built feelings to sandcastle,
raised high towers,
But. Water. Made. It. Crash. Down
Rubbed rock to grains, sand inamongst
that first glitter of solid gold…
Your ebbs I found calming,
Your highs actually didn’t show.
But inner self, inner peace
shone out, at times I’d even say,
you glowed.
I always wondered at your timing.
Fast. Slow. Fast. Slow.
Arched my back up,
Thought. Nothing. Felt. Everything.
And though you wouldn’t believe it,
that me, not many at all know.
I’ll admit. I lost myself there
In your very intense hue
Weeks came. Went. Then came again
Until finally, one evening, I saw,
a blue like that’s yours, not mine
and then I let you go.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home