Thursday, May 01, 2008

Chocolate hearts

You were there when my love left.
Your sweetness now keeps me warm.
I have my reasons to stay faithful to you:

With you I’m never alone
You’re warm and pliable,
I can have you any way I want
More than that, you stay until I’m ready
and only leave after I’m done
You never complain,
But leave the sweet memory of you
On my fingers, on my tongue.
I can share you with a friend
but usually I’ll savour you hungrily
the one time I don’t mind being
on my own.


What is it about you?
You’re sweet, but not too sweet.
You leave a bitterness behind
Teasing after what came before
I can save you for later, you’re there waiting
Or you’re gone quicksmart. You’ll take it either way,
If I’m down you bring me up,
if I’m up you take me higher.

I love you and I think I always will,
Unfaithful, me? Only with the next wrapper,
The next little fad.

If I tell you I love you, you won’t run away
But stare darkly at me, expectantly.
Every moment of every day, if I want you to.
That was too much to ask of someone else.
You lie in the mystery that is my drawers,
Solve them without even trying to.

You’re my first and last love,
But you’re also every other woman’s.
So I must remember that.

You comfort me when I need comforting
You say nothing back, when I need to be listened to
You’ll give everything you are to me.
Sweet nothings, sweet everythings.

Without speaking one angry word.
The only thing is you don’t speak any other word
Either

If only you could you love me
as I love you.

You don’t talk back at me
Won’t ever hog the remote
you’ll come shopping with me, be my pick me up
The sugar rush that keeps me going
When everything else has failed me.
I don’t have to wonder where you are,
If you’ll remember Valentine’s or my birthday
- You’ll be a cake, with all the candles on top.
With you I always know where I stand.


If every love was as easy,
No woman, including I, could be sad
Ever again.

2 Comments:

Blogger stupid love said...

love the poem, hope to read more...

thx

11:23 AM  
Blogger The Sarjent said...

thanks for stopping by. I can't get to your blog for some reason, will stop by some other time :0)

1:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home