Thursday, October 04, 2007

Endings

Were you ever really mine?
Your face now less to me -
a stranger’s,
I can’t see your every look
hear your infectious tone
get butterflies,
when you enter a room.
Feel close with every nerve.

I dreamt last night, about you,
t’was a very simple dream,
Questions like
What the hell happened?
It was just like you
to answer me, too honestly
‘don’t know but
have to just move on’.

Now you'll lie, content,
in someone else’s arms.
The ‘I’m so glad I met you’s…’
Spoken out of my turn
while under rumpled covers,
something else was going on.

Maybe one day she’ll up and leave you,
then you’ll be this one.

Now it’s your friends,
who’ll hear your stories,
your friend Vic,
who’ll pick up her phone.
Some new girl, you’ll message late.
But I might not be quite
so all alone.

I take this thought with me,
stop, to lick my wounds.
At least
you didn’t second best us,
and truly did love,
your own way,
it just wasn’t quite enough.

You cut, walk on a distance,
apart, it‘s easier I find.
Know what we had was special,
and that it lasted for its time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home