The sting of youth
Red
I showered, cut and bled
Red shades of longing
being alive
metallic pulses
twisting, waving,
Down the drain
The sting of youth behind
Like a naked red
pink form
The only way to be
Forwards
Moving, writing,
You & I move backwards
If only I could in life
There, everyone
Moves in front of me,
like water spirals
Down Drains.
I’ll watch the other video
I’ll replay that tape
I’ll remember how I used to
be
Or how I know
Now I can never be
Quite that red again
The colour of passion
The colour of me
Muted
Under older layers
of wannabe.
I showered, cut and bled
Red shades of longing
being alive
metallic pulses
twisting, waving,
Down the drain
The sting of youth behind
Like a naked red
pink form
The only way to be
Forwards
Moving, writing,
You & I move backwards
If only I could in life
There, everyone
Moves in front of me,
like water spirals
Down Drains.
I’ll watch the other video
I’ll replay that tape
I’ll remember how I used to
be
Or how I know
Now I can never be
Quite that red again
The colour of passion
The colour of me
Muted
Under older layers
of wannabe.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home